GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

2.22.2007

Pizza Rolls and Play Date




On Monday morning one of the Moms from our playgroup was very sick so two of her boys came over to our house to play with Liam so that thier parents could get some much needed extra rest. Liam had a fun time playing with his friends and I tried a new recipe to make for the boys for lunch. The dough for these pizza rolls was made in the bread machine with very little effort and then they were rolled up like cinnamon rolls only with cheese, pepperoni and sauce instead (the recipe also called for sauteed peppers, onions, mushrooms and olives...but since this was for children I left those toppings out). The recipe made two pans worth so everyone got more than thier fair share, and they were pretty yummy...at least I thought so. For dessert I whipped out this box of cookies that I grew up eating in Canada and just happened to stumble across in a specialty foods shop while getting ingredients for our Valentines dinner last week. They are a cookie base, topped with raspberry jam and a marshmallow on top of that and then the whole thing is dipped in chocolate...oooohhhhh the memories! I forgot how much I liked those until I found a place that sells them here in the states!

3 Comments:

Blogger Elisa said...

I am going to keep an eye out for those whippits.

Fri Feb 23, 12:27:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger everything pink! said...

no kidding i will be looking for whippits too.... Whip it good.

Fri Feb 23, 07:12:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Christian Whitehead said...

I was never a fan of those cookies. Then again, I never much cared for marshmellows.

Mon Feb 26, 02:05:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home