GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

2.05.2007

The Great Influenza Epidemic of 2007

I think we have finally surfaced from what has hands down been the most messy ordeal our family has collectively experienced (don't worry, there are no pictures for this edition!). It all started on Thursday morning with poor little Asher, fortunately for us though it was a snow day so school was cancelled anyhow so I didn't have to worry about finding a last minute sub which is nearly impossible to do. Friday though he seemed to have most of it out of his system so of course Liam was next...and then to my shock and horror I was next to fall ill Friday night (I rarely get sick, especially the kind of sick where I am out of commission) which was fairly fortunate at any rate since Bevan was home for the weekend by then and was also the only one not symptomatic. Liam had it the worst overall though I have to say, my already somewhat skinny boy is little looking a little skeletal I am afraid! Lots of chocolate milk and donuts for him I guess, no better medicine than that (just kidding!). We did some errands today that could not be avoided but otherwise took it easy and are gradually getting our energy back. The upside is though that on Saturday and Sunday while I was mostly to exhausted to move around I did find a window of reading opportunity and got a good jump start on 1776 by David McCullough which I am working on right now and is proving to be very educational. Bevan was also a good sport taking care of us all which was greatly appreciated.

3 Comments:

Blogger mimi said...

Amanda, I'm so sorry you have been so sick. Bevan did sound a little overwhelmed the other night chasing Liam around with his "bucket". Maybe chasing isn't the word. Poor little guys. I hope Bevan is still okay. I sent you guys a package yesterday. I just finished 1776 last week and loved it. It is very educational for us Americans too! It would have been a great textbook in high school.
I'm reading Sarah' Quilt right now. It is set in 1909 in the Tucson AZ area. Another book about a super woman in the pioneer era. I hope this day is better for all of you.

Tue Feb 06, 10:58:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Elisa said...

oh, how awful. You usually only get bad stuff like that once a year so hopefully you guys are done. There is a bad flu type virus running rampant around Utah (throw up for 3-5 days for kids!) You should see me with clorox wipes...library books, shopping carts, I wish I could wipe down all the kids in the nursery too, every week I send Miriam in with crossed fingers.

Wed Feb 07, 12:53:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh I am so sorry! We are all getting out of the woods over here too. Being sick is the worst! I am gald you are feeling better.

Wed Feb 07, 12:56:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home