GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

2.07.2007

Semi-Healthy Play Group Snack


Today I volunteered to bring treat to our ward playgroup. I wanted to bring something yummy, but I also wanted to be able to eat it myself and not have to spend a lot of time cooking and cleaning...so I found a recipe for reduced fat Cheesecake Brownies in Kraft Food and Family magazine (which is FREE! so sign up for a subscription if you don't have one at kraftfoods.com...also a great website with a recipe search engine that lists the nutritional information for all its recipes). It uses a boxed brownie mix, and generally I stay away from boxed mixes of any variety prefering to do things from scratch (mostly to avoid trans fats etc.) but I really didn't have the energy for that today. So in a pinch I thought this was a tasty compromise and was rather good for a mere 110 cal., 3 g. fat per serving. Here's the recipe:

Cheesecake Brownies

1 pkg. (19.5 oz) brownie mix
1/2 c. applesauce
3 egg whites, separated
1/4 c. water
1 pkg. (8 oz) Neufchatel (cream) cheese, softened...is a third less fat than regular cream cheese.
1/2 c. suagr
1/4 c. flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix brownie mix, applesauce, two of the egg whites and water. Pour into 13x9 inch pan sprayed with Pam.

Mix Neufchatel cheese, sugar, flour and remaining egg white until well blended. Spoon over brownie batter. Cut through batter with knife several times to create a marble effect.

Bake 28 to 30 min. and cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 32 pieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home