GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

2.18.2007

Spa Day At Chakras

For Valentines Day Bevan arranged for me to go yesterday and have a full spa day at a local day spa called "Chakras". It is a very beautiful and peaceful place that has been featured in travel magazines etc...and as far as I could tell was definately top notch. I am seriously almost embarassed to blog about this because it was such an extravagent gift, but Bevan deserves to be bragged about for putting this togethor. He planned all of this over a month ago but had been wanting to do this for me for a long time. After I had barely had Liam and Bevan had started school at UNCG he had a class with girl who worked at the spa. Bevan asked her what it was like and what they did there and thought it would be fun to send me there sometime. He asked her how much it would cost to go and when she told him he realized doing it anytime soon was obviously out of the question. Anyhow, now that he is working as a nearly proper accountant and we aren't quite the sturggling students we used to be he was very excited for me to go and do this and he actually set it all up without me finding out which is a feat in and of itself.
So yesterday morning at 10:15 Bevan and the boys dropped me off . The whole day was really dreamlike and started out with a seaweed body wrap and then a rinse in this amazing rain forest shower. After that I had an hour long massage. They ordered me lunch from a nearby restaurant "The Liberty Oak" and I had a grilled vegatable pita with feta cheese and a salad which I ate in a pillow stuffed and curtain draped alcove called the "nest" that is overlooking downtown Greensboro. After lunch I had a facial followed by a spa manicure and pedicure and after that I went down stairs to the salon where they washed my hair, massaged my scalp and gave me a blow out. I left around 5:30 p.m. Any one or two of these treatments would have been a luxury but the whole package was by far the most self-indulgent thing I have ever experienced in my life.
It was really the most perfect thing he could have done for me at this point in my life. Some of you know that I have worked really hard over the past year or so to become a more healthy person and I have made a great deal of progress, but this whole "Chakras" experience really helped motivate me to stay on track with my goals and keep taking care of myself. And in addition to that it really showed me what a selfless husband I have and how much he thinks about the boys and I and works hard to take care of and make us happy, which is the greatest part of it all really. (www.chakrasspa.com)

4 Comments:

Blogger Encore Dance said...

I would be braggin also!! What a nice day! That was so great of him to do that.

Mon Feb 19, 06:01:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Elisa said...

HOLY COW, thats about all I can say. Way to go Bevan!

Mon Feb 19, 10:22:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Adam Buchanan said...

nice bevan,,,,now i just need to make sure lisa doesn't see this blog post since we just won the lottery and she will probably want to do the same. JK, totally cool...

I think the equivalent for a guys day at the spa would be going to Cabelas with $300.... or maybe for Bevan, going to a place where you talking about sports stats and the aggies are really cool at that place...

Tue Feb 20, 02:53:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Rachel said...

That is SO WONDERFUL!!!
I will keep wishing for my day to come........

Thu Feb 22, 12:52:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home