GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

2.27.2007

Move Over McDreamy...Here Comes McSchmippy



This past month Liam's class has been doing a unit of study on "Community Helpers" where they learned all about the different things people do to help the people they live around. They had visits from several different people including fire fighters and a dental hygenist. To end the unit they had a community helper dress up day which was this morning. Liam had told me recently that he wanted to be a "Doctor Pilot" when he grows up (I am not quite sure how he plans to incorporate these two professions), so with my new prize possesion (a sewing machine that I was very kindly given for Christmas) I made him a pair of scrubs to wear for the occasion. I haven't sewn much in a long time and am just starting to get back into it, they didn't turn out perfectly and are a bit large but I did have a good time making them all things considered. I hope he had a fun time wearing them!

7 Comments:

Blogger everything pink! said...

amanda, this is just the beginning! they are wonderful

Tue Feb 27, 04:46:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger mimi said...

Oh Amanda, I am so proud of you to make those scrubs. They are so cute, and he will just grow into them.
He will make the best Dr. pilot ever.

Tue Feb 27, 08:33:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Elisa said...

Very cute! I tried to bribe Miriam into being a Dr for Halloween with the promise of a doctor kit and pink scrubs but she wouldn't go for it.

It's so great that you know enough to sew on your own, I need my mom for every step!

Tue Feb 27, 09:23:00 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Liam can be a flying doctor. In the 1950's there was a popular TV show called "The Flying Doctor" about the exploits of the famous flying doctor service in the Australian outback. People out on the remote "cattle stations" (ranches) could radio in and tell their symptoms, and the doctors would tell them what to do. If it looked serious, they would fly out to the station.

Wed Feb 28, 09:14:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Rachel said...

way to go Amanda, it turned out so cute. It will be a fun dress up for the future!

Sun Mar 04, 10:50:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Adam Buchanan said...

ah its a mini bevan, next thing you know he will be sneaking out at 3am with asher going to 7/11.

Wed Mar 07, 01:16:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Elisa said...

Amanda, I miss your blog...I hope the computer gets fixed soon.

Fri Mar 16, 12:21:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home