GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

10.27.2006

Ward Trunk or Treat



Tonight was our annual ward trunk or treat...but since it ended up being a rainy evening it had to be moved indoors and each family set up shop in the different classrooms. Normally there is a potluck dinner before hand but they decided not to do that this year and just provide some hot chocolate and games first before the treating. It turned out very nicely. Our ward is a little on the small side with an even smaller primary, which honestly made for a more laid back event. The kids really got involved with the games and everyone was able to win a prize for something...our family actually won several prizes...including the "cutest" pumpkin in the Jack O Lantern competition.
Liam and Asher dressed up as Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. Mostly because Liam had a big Pooh Bear Obcession last fall so we got him the costume from the Disney store only because it was big enough for him to wear two years in a row. And since we found a Tiger costume at Target for the right price we figured, Why Not?
When I went up to the refreshment counter to get a hot chocolate I put a hand full of mini marshmallows in my cup first. I was also holding Asher at the same time. While waiting in line I looked down to see that Asher was very eagerly plunging his little hands into my cup and grabbing fists full of the marshmallows and stuffing them into his mouth...I don't think he has ever had that much sugar, oh my! He liked them for sure!
Here are some photos of the boys at the party.

4 Comments:

Blogger mimi said...

Well, these pics made my day already. These family blogs are so fun for me to see up to date pics of the kids. That Asher is a funny one. He likes food--a LOT! Did Liam eat anything there?

Sat Oct 28, 12:05:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Elisa said...

Cute and warm costumes...very smart. We just came back from a Trunker Treat and are frozen.

The boys look so cute! Miriam had her first sweet her first Halloween. I let her gnaw on a twix bar in the wrapper because she liked the sound...next thing I know my no sugar baby has had chocolate and caramel with a cookie crunch!! It's been downhill from there.

Sat Oct 28, 10:01:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger everything pink! said...

Bevan you look so cute in that photo.
you are a hottie!

Sun Oct 29, 09:44:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Bevan said...

Liam ate swedish fish. A lot of swedish fish.

Sun Oct 29, 07:05:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home