GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

10.27.2006

Field Trip Update

Sorry there are no pictures to go along with this post, I did attempt to bring the camera but realised en route that the batteries had died. Anyhow, Liam's field trip to the Pumpkin Patch at Centenary United Methodist Church was reschedhuled for yesterday morning. I know this is awful, but I actually was a little agitated at first when I found out they had reschedhuled because this meant that I had to go through the whole process of finding a substitute for my class again, which isn't always the easiest thing to do. After a couple of days of calling around I did manage to find a sub and was able to take Liam on the trip with his class.
It was actually really neat because I got to meet the other children in his class and the other parents. I was feeling a little left out at first because they already seem to know each other from talking while dropping off and picking up thier kids, I have obviously not had much of an opportunity to do this since Liam gets dropped off early and picked up late since I am teaching my own class down the hall (teacher's kids are allowed to do that).
When Liam and I pulled up in the church parking lot we realized that another mom who pulled up beside us had a BYU sticker on the back of her car just like us! It turns out they had moved to the Greensboro area less than a year ago and meet in the same ward building as us, just in the ooposite ward...how crazy is that? Liam and her little boy get along really well and played togethor all through the field trip while we talked. They came here from Simsbury, CT. which is such a coincidence because that is where my sister in law Lisa is from and they knew her family of course. We had a lot to talk about since we had visited Simsbury and Hartford summer before last when Adam and Lisa got married. Anyhow, we are making plans to get the boys togethor for a play date and I am really excited about it.
As far as the actual field trip is concerned, basically the children were supposed to sit togethor in a big bale of hay while a lady read them a story about pumpkins, after that they were each allowed to go and pick out a mini pumpkin from the patch to take home. None of the children however were very interested in sitting still and listening to the story...they mostly just ran in circles around the pumpkins.
After that we all took the kids back to the school and I had a whole HOUR of free time before I had to pick up Liam and Asher from school. So I went to the Subway down the street and ate a turkey sandwhich in peace and then walked around the dollar store next door for a few minutes....such a luxury!
When I went back to pick Liam up his teacher told me that he has a little crush on a girl named Emma Kate. I had noticed that he had been holding her hand on the way out to the field trip. She said that he was getting all giddy around her all morning and was following her everywhere. She is a very cute little girl. Liam cracks me up, my casanova three year old!

1 Comments:

Blogger mimi said...

This was such a fun post to read. I too get a kick out of Liam's interest in the girls. I'm so happy that it worked out for you to go on the field trip and make a new friend for you and Liam. It was meant to be!

Fri Oct 27, 12:27:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home