GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

10.18.2006

Sometimes I Wish...

Last night I was talking to my mom on the phone in the midst of what had been (and was still in the process of being) a very insane sort of day. During the conversation I expressed what at the moment was the most sincere desire of my heart...to move into a pottery barn catalogue. Just pack my bags...or even better, not pack them...and just move my family in. I feel that if I lived in a Pottery Barn Catalogue my children would never be sick, but even if they were it would be a very elegant, convalescing in coordinated bedding with a tidy tray of chicken soup sort of sick (as opposed to the "Oh no, are the batteries on my thermometer worn out? And what happened to all the baby Tylenol?" that we generally tend to experience). It wouldn't matter if I needed to take a day off from housework to focus on my poor little sickie because the house would already be perfectly orderly and prepared. Field trips would never be rained out, only nice and crisp fall weather for pumpkin patching excursions. There would be no waking up my kids at 10p.m. to go pick up my exhausted husband from the bus stop because his class went over and he missed it (because if we lived in the PB catalogue, obviously everyone else we interacted with would be to...and would undoubtably be running home to relax in thier Manhatten Leather Armchair or have a late supper on thier Celery Sausalito Dinnerware). No wonder everything from that store costs so much...not only are they selling merchandise...they are selling perfection. To bad its not real, if it were we should all buy some stock. (P.S. these are the ramblings of a very tired mother who had to get up early to work an extra preschool shift).

2 Comments:

Blogger mimi said...

I'm sorry about your day and night yesterday, too. Not fair is it?
I hope Asher gets feeling better real soon. Here's hugs for all of you.

Wed Oct 18, 07:38:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Encore Dance said...

I got a gift card to Pottery Barn once from a student and I didn't use it for months! I had to save even more money just to by something! I ended up buying thoes letters and spelling Tatton for our living room. I could of bought them at Wal Mart for way cheap! But at least I have something from Pottery Barn!

Fri Oct 20, 11:32:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home