GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

9.17.2006

Ward Chili Cook-Off/Pine Wood Derby



On Friday night our ward held its annual chili cook-off and pine wood derby. The ward activities commitee decorated the gym with a NASCAR theme, which was fun and especially appreciated by Liam who is really into cars right now. My chili didn't win the cook-off, but oh well. Maybe next year! I keep trying a new recipe every year, maybe I should try a different stragey of using the same recipe but tweaking and improving each year. But most of the fun for me is trying a new recipe, winning would only be a pleasant by product.
Liam had a great time watching the race, he even entered a truck he had brought from home. It couldn't be an official entry though since it didn't meet the racing criteria. He didn't mind though, he was just glad to see it ride on the track.

2 Comments:

Blogger Faith said...

When our Birmingham ward had a chili cookoff I got really into it and looked up award winning chili recipes on the internet. I used steak, real chilis, and everything and I think it was probably the least eaten chili there. People just don't appreciate good chili.

Sun Sep 17, 11:09:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Amanda said...

My personal theory is that its chili that is not to spicy that is good but more on the basic side that always wins because it appeals to a wider audience. But thats just my theory.

Mon Sep 18, 07:32:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home