GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

9.06.2006

Liam's Trail Mix


On Tuesday at school Liam's class made trail mix for an activity. All the children went around with a ziplock baggie and were able to pick all the different items they wanted to include in thier own personal trail mix blend. Liam chose a very appetizing combination of pretzels, rice chex, raisins and M&M's. As soon as we got into the car to leave that afternoon he wanted me to take the mix out of his back pack so he could eat it on the way home. He was very impressed with his snack.
Today I got called in to sub for my classroom because the other lady who takes over when I am off on Mondays and Wednesdays had come down with bronchitis. The program director had indicated to me that it would be fine for my kids to go to thier classrooms as well for the extra day since I was helping out. So Liam went to a Wedensday class (he usually goes Tuesday and Thursday) and of course it was a repeat of the previous days lesson plan. His teachers said he had a great time, but oddly enough when it was time for the trail mix activity he declined to participate. Apparently he had had enough trail mix. What a funny boy.

2 Comments:

Blogger mimi said...

That is a cute story about Liam. I'm impressed that he didn't have to have more trail mix. He's "been there, done that", I guess. It's nice that they got another day of fun if it wasn't too much for you, Amanda. I hope that doesn't happen too often for your sake.

Thu Sep 07, 07:58:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger everything pink! said...

what a cute idea and great that you took a photo to document it

Fri Sep 08, 09:09:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home