GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

10.05.2006

Donald's Milk... Gone :(


We drove by the corner of West Market and Spring Garden and saw that the McDonalds ruble had been cleaned up in no time. 5 days ago, it was closed for remodeling. 3 days ago, a wrecking ball smashed it to the ground, and today all the rubble was deposited into a a dumpster and hauled away. Now all that is there is a sign telling customers to drive half amile away to another McDonalds location because this one is in the process of being "remodeled." When Liam saw this he said, "Donald's Milk gone." And then he said it again, in a low voice, and started to cry. I tried to console him, but he pushed me away. At that moment in time he thougth all restaruants were gone for good (Yeah right, you wish Campaign for a Commercial Free Childhood). Liam just loves chocolate milk from McDonalds. He calls it "Donald's Milk." Anyway, he recognizes the arches but no other brand whatsoever. He likes Subway and Panera Bread, but has no name for it. Tonight at Panera, he ate a bunch of bread and honey and some of my apple. We were celebrating because... well I will post it later.

6 Comments:

Blogger Spencer the Bomb Diggity said...

I am laughing so hard that he was so upset about it. It is so cute that he thought there was no more anywhere. Of course, I am not going to be laughing when Savannah wants to go to Donalds every day in a few years... well I will keep laughing until that happens.

Fri Oct 06, 09:02:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Amanda said...

It was really hilarious actually, it was very distressed about the whole thing. Even funnier becuase the only thing he ever actually puts into his mouth there is chocolate milk...its not like McDonald's is the only place on earth you can get that!

Fri Oct 06, 09:21:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger mimi said...

That is so funny, but it hurts my heart to have Liam be so disappointed. It's his first real loss, it sounds, of something that he has learned to count on. So Sweet.

Fri Oct 06, 10:41:00 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I was his first real loss. "Nin...gone". McDonalds has gone the way of all the Nins. ; ) Love the blog!

Fri Oct 06, 01:06:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Bevan said...

'Nin, I asked Liam where you were just now and he said that you are in a car.

Fri Oct 06, 01:43:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger A Certain Englishman's Wife said...

Man all those years ago all I had to do was find a McDonald's being rennovated and I could have saved myself so much money in happy meals telling my kids that McDonalds' was no more! A couple of years ago one of the kids asked me why we don't go to McDonald's anymore. And I said, "Because I don't like that place, it's awful." So of course that made them want to go all the more. Finally I took them to a McDonald's where I knew the service was extra bad. The kids had to go to the counter to get their order fixed and for other reasons. When the meal was finally over they said, "We agree McDonald's is awful." We've never been back since! My evil plan worked, bwah ha ha ha ah.

Fri Oct 06, 02:16:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home