GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

9.18.2006

Sunday



I am back into the swing of things and teaching the Gospel Principles Sunday School class. This is my second week back on the job and when I opened the manual this weekend to see what the lesson would be I was surprised to see that it was "The Law of Chastity". Now I know it really shouldn't be a big deal but the lesson was fairly specific and I have never given a lesson or talk on this subject (On such occasions I always have flasbacks to when I was barely 12 and attending my first youth activity which was a stake standards night. To my horror, my very pregnant mother had been asked to give the chastity talk which apparently she was famous for giving). Anyhow, by and large it all went just fine since everyone there was married except for the missionaries(with whom I must admit I did avoid making eye contact with throughout most of the lesson), but it was very interesting to talk to people who are new to the church and learn what thier perceptions about things are (as it is with all the topics I have had to teach). Anyways, it was good practice for me for teaching my own children about this sensitive topic. A really good talk to reference should you ever need a resource on this topic is "Souls, Symbols and Sacraments" by Elder Holland.
Anyhow...here are some pictures of Liam and Asher in thier Sunday suits before church, I think they are sitting in a basket of clean laundry in the hallway.

1 Comments:

Blogger mimi said...

I can't get my eyes off those boys, they are so gorgeous. I can tell they are such good little buddies. Love them, love them!!!

Tue Sep 19, 11:07:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home