GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

8.24.2006

Recipes

Just in case anyone doesn't know I am obsessed with cooking, food and recipes. I love trying new recipes as much as possible. Since in one of my previous blogs I ended up sharing a recipe that went over well (salmon), I thought I would share another recent cooking adventure that Liam actually ate. It is a different pancake recipe so if you are looking for a unique weekend breakfast this one might be for you:

Apple-Pecan Pancakes

-2 cups all purpose flour
-1 cup sugar
-2 tsp. baking powder
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/2 tsp ground ginger
-1/2 tsp. mace
-1/2 tsp. ground cloves
-2 eggs
-1 3/4 cups buttermilk
-3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
-1 3/4 cups shredded peeled apples
-1/2 cup chopped pecans

In a large bowl, combine first 9 ingrediants. In another bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingrediants just until blended. Stir in apples and pecans. Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased griddle over medium-low heat. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home