GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

10.30.2006

Halloween F.H.E.


Tonight for family home evening we totally ripped off Kristi's idea of making pumpkin bread in the little seasonally festive baking dishes from Micheal's (I wouldn't be at all suprised if Kristi were entertaining offers for her own "lifestyle" program as we speak), we packaged them up in clear plastic bags and tied them with orange ribbon that said "trick or treat". I am generally not a creative or crafty person by any stretch of the imagination so this was a low stress and fun way for me to step out of my comfort zone. We made a half dozen to take to all of our home teaching and visiting teaching families. Everyone was home but one so we were able to stop in and visit with most of them for a few minutes, which was really nice. It's so rare it seems that anybody ever spends time socializing when it doesn't revolve around business or meetings, at least to me. It just feels good to interact with people, especially when there isn't a particular reason for it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bevan said...

This was really posted by Amanda since for some reason if I log in under my own name it won't let me upload pictures.

Tue Oct 31, 12:06:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger A Certain Englishman's Wife said...

What a simple thing to do to let others know you are thinking of them! You are right, the art of socializing is becoming lost in a cell phone iPod world.

Tue Oct 31, 10:53:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home