GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

12.29.2006

Happy Happy Birthday

We Celebrated Asher's first birthday with a little family party at my parent's house on the 29th, since we would be traveling on his actual birthday the next day. In attendance were Ethan, Eden (who put up the decorations), Grandma and Grandpa Whitehead, Liam (who insisted that party hats were a MUST for the baby party), Bevan and I as well as my good friend Autumn and her two daughter's Grace and Ali...also my Aunt Dorothy and cousin Ashley came down from Toronto and were also there. (Truman had to work that night and couldn't make it, but he did provide the Curious George theme...Christian and Stephen had already left to go back to Seattle and Toronto respectively.)
We had his favourite dinner which is spaghetti with meat sauce, also on the menu was alfredo sauce, ceasar salad, garlic cheese bread and of course carrot cake for the birthday boy. He ate two pieces!
His first year has gone by so quickly, I can't believe a year ago I was in the hospital after just having him. I remember thinking that the labour and delivery had been a piece of cake (compared to my first birthing experience at any rate!) and wondered what I had been so worried about for the past nine months! His birth must have been foreshadowing his temperment because he has been the most easy going and good natured child. We named him right I guess since Asher means "happy". He is always friendly and wherever we go people always comment on his big smile. I should also throw in that he is now oficially walking. He started taking a few steps at the begining of December but really took off once we were in Canada...now he is buzzing all over the place at home on two legs and loving it!
We love you "B"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home