GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

12.24.2006

Kingston Christmas Pageant

This is the best pageant ever. After I found out about how it began 29 years ago I was convinced it was indeed a miracle. All the members of the Kingston and Cataraqui Branch put it on and it turns out real well. Another thing that tends to turn out is large crowds. I was told the most in one night was 2,400 visitors with only 6 sessions (they now do 4 sessions and that was very tiring). It was freezing rain the entire night, but it was light enough rain that nobody got sick. Amanda and I played Mary and Joseph. My father-in-law, Leroy W., was kind enough to give us a quick run through of what to do. During the run through I found out that the donkey was not in the mood to give Mary a ride. I was relieved, because I didn’t need to have some angry donkey biting me. Amanda did Pageant her entire life growing up until she moved to Rexburg. So she told me stories about how the donkeys – in years past - tend to bite and the camels tend to spit (no camel this year).
At the end of the night, we all went out to see a camera guy from CKWS and acted out part of the pageant so that he could get some decent footage. Truman told me it was unlikely the footage would be used in two hours, but sure enough we were all on the 11:00 news that night for 20 seconds. So I thought it was a good use of my 15 minutes. At this point I probably have about 13 and half minutes left. And I am not splurging it on some reality TV program. That is such a waste.
Hopefully they will let me be one of the Wise Men tomorrow night on Christmas Eve. Because that way I am only out there for like 3 minutes (After the Wise Men, the show is pretty much over.

Ok this part was written on Dec 25th at night.

The picture you see of us in Shepards clothing is Liam and I on Christmas Eve. He was very reverent and respectful of the whole thing. He was happy to see the baby Jesus and kissed him. When it was time to point at the Angel he did it with much enthusiasm and did a great job at kneeling. Anyway, it was great and the weather was very nice. The stars were definitely out that night. I have never seen clearer skies. And the temperature was only 40 Farenheit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elisa said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday! I am so glad you were able to be with family. It's so nice to have people want to spend lots of quality time with your kids isn't it??

Mon Jan 01, 11:57:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home