GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

12.23.2006

Ride the Rocket

While in Toronto we rode the Subway to Downtown Toronto. Stephen, my brother-in-law who lives on Madison Avenue, was kind enough to take us there and show us all the cool areas. He even showed us one of the best places to get Thai food. You know that peanut dressing that most Thai restaurants use on salads but they are really cheap and barely give you any? Well this place will give you a very good helping of it on top of your noodles. So yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, and he is the lead chef at a place called the Salad King.
So back to the subway train, Liam was having the ride of his life. I now realize that if I want to make his day, I just need to pay the small fare of 70 cents to allow Liam to ride a Subway. So the next time I go visit my sister in D.C., I will take Liam on the Metro to the Washington Monument. Or maybe I won’t. I like to talk about doing it, and then not do it.

We had a nice visit with Amanda’s maternal Grandma Solo, her Aunt Dorothy and Cousin Ashley while we were there. Asher had not yet met his Great Grandmother and we got some nice pictures of them together. We also spent the night with Amanda’s Aunt Janet in Scarborough, which is a suburb of Toronto. It was good to be able to catch up with family we don’t get to see often.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam Buchanan said...

sounds like fun diggity dawg!

Sun Dec 24, 09:58:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger everything pink! said...

Merry Pink Christmas!

Mon Dec 25, 12:29:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Elisa said...

I love that you call Canada "The Great White North" I just started reading Mrs. Mike, and thats how they refer to it. I am almost positive you have read it, but if not you would love it.

Your Christmas sounds wonderful! I am so glad you were able to be with family!

Tue Dec 26, 09:25:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home