GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

11.12.2006

Popcorn Popping

For two nights in a row, the Schmip and I have sung Primary Songs right before going to bed. He usually hates it whenever people sing. When we have Family Home Evening, Schmip always tells us to "CLOSE THE MOUTH!" (He doesn't know the word SHUT-UP yet).

So now he is all of a sudden willing to sing Popcprn, Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam and maybe Do as I am Doing, if he is in the mood. It was strange, I just started singing the sunbeam song, and the Schmip knew all of the words. I was like, "that sneak, he has been holding out on us!" He is very good at the popcorn actions.

Anyway, I am so glad to hear his voice sing. I have been waiting for this ever since I first heard him speak. His little brother like it too. As we sang Popcorn this evening, the baby just sat back an laughed a baby laugh.

Anyway, over the weekend we had a great time. The UNC-Greensboro Soccer team had a home game in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament. I must say, this is the best game we have ever attended. The score was 1-0 Virginia Tech with 17 minutes left. I was thinking, "oh great, if UNCG ties it in the next 17 minutes, we will have to stick around for another 45 minutes and watch the game be decided by penalty kicks." And sure enough, UNCG did score. So I mentally prepared myself to stick around for another hour. But then with 34 seconds left in regulation, a UNCG player is fouled 2 feet in front of the penalty box. He bent the ball over the wall of players to score a goal on a free kick and won the game. So we were like super excited because:
  1. We won
  2. The boys would get to have a nap in the next 10 minutes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elisa said...

I love "close the mouth!" Miriam says something similar, like "Don't talk at me with your mouth!" I always laugh but I shouldn't since if she did know "shut up" that is what she would say since that is what she means.

I love when little kids sing! I remember when M first went to nursery and she would never sing. Its so fun now that she is older and will participate in singing time!

Tue Nov 14, 01:20:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Rachel said...

that is hilarious about Liam telling you to stop. There is nothing better to know that they knew the things you were trying to tell them all along. Especially music!

Wed Nov 15, 03:48:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Bevan said...

Just a quick follow up, UNCG just beat West Virginia in the 2nd OT. We play the winner of St. Louis/Northwestern. If NW wins, it will be another home game for UNCG!

Wed Nov 15, 09:53:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger everything pink! said...

bevan you make me laugh so hard

Wed Nov 15, 10:15:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home