GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

11.23.2006

American Thanksgiving and Pumpkin Cheesecake



Since we had our main fall feast back in October we have decided that our family will celebrate Bevan's Southwestern roots during "American Thanksgiving"....which entails going out for what passes as Mexican around these parts. However, we soon caught on that no Mexican restaurants were going to be open on the 23rd so we preemptively went out last night instead. Today we had a low key day comprised of tidying the house, attending to some home teaching and visiting teaching business, doing laundry, catching a movie (we saw "Happy Feet", basically an animated version of an "Inconvieniant Truth"...we were surprised an animated Al Gore didn't pop up at the end for some closing remarks. Not quite the cute dancing penguin movie we had been anticipating, some people in the theatre were asking for thier money back afterwards...we just opted to go and get a Filet O' Fish from McDonald's instead...not really, but we thought about it. Not that I am against conservationism or anything, but foisting a political agenda on unsuspecting parents and children in a movie that totally took advantage of the popularity of the March of the Penguins film that previously came out was more than a bit tacky in my estimation.) My one attempt at traditional festivity today was that I made a pumpkin cheesecake. I haven't been much of a cheesecake maker in the past but I found a recipe that sounded good and thought I would give it a whirl, it actually turned out very nicely if I do say so myself...so here is a shot of my lovely sour cream and almond topped pumpkin cheesecake. Tommorow we are off to the Great Smoky Mountains to ride the Polar Express, I had better get packing! Ta-Ra!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elisa said...

oooh looks good. i think that is a cute idea to go southwestern for Bevan on Thanksgiving. You guys may have to come up with your own menu for next year.

Fri Nov 24, 10:18:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home