GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

11.08.2007

Notre Dame



This is a wood carving. There are many scenes from the Four Gospels in the Cathedral.
I like this one because it has the net cast. I beleive it is Peter who has his hand on the boat, and Jesus who is talking to him.
The boat is supported by a ton of fish, and Jesus is asking Peter to become a "fisher of men."
Overall, just a very good carving.


The next one is of Jesus riding triumphantly into Jeruselum and the little man in the tree is Zacchaeus.
I was glad to see that whoever carved this knew that this was an important story to tell. When Zacchaeus is told that Jesus will abide in his home, he promises to donante half his wealth and return 4 times any amount he ever cheated. For this the Savior promises the blessing of the Abrahamic Covenant.

1 Comments:

Blogger mimi said...

I wrote this very long comment on here, and lost it. Oh, no. I will tell you what I said on the phone sometime. But I love that you post these paintings. And I think you are very smart about such things. Amanda's love of art has really rubbed off on you.

Fri Nov 09, 10:15:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home