GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

11.15.2007

I Guess It's My Turn...

Bevan has been doing most(and/or all) of the sparse postings that we have been making lately, so I guess I should just do a quickie update to let you know what else has been going on aside from his (justifiably exciting) trip to Paris.

Liam has been attending five morning a week preschool from 9 till 1 p.m. It has been a big transition for him going from two mornings a week to five but he has done very well with it and enjoys a structured schedhule. This year there has been a very strong focus on pre-academics (as opposed to the play and learn approach last year)as there is a big push to have the children prepared for the rigors of kindergarten (which apparently is very rigorous these days). I wondered how he would handle this but has actually been very sucessful with letter recognition and beggining reading and spelling...we were all very proud when he came home able to write his name! He also enjoyed playing soccer on a team for the first time.

Asher is enjoying preschool as well this year since he is such a social guy! His age group mostly participates in structured group play so nothing to demanding, just lots of fun. I have been one of his co-teachers this year which has actually gone well. He mostly just ignores that I am there unless he gets hurt in which case he appreciates having me there for a quick cuddle. He is speaking very well and is a good little communicator.

Bevan of course has been very busy...HE WILL BE FINISHED HIS MASTER'S PROGRAM IN LESS THAN A MONTH!!I can't believe he's almost done! He received an offer letter for full time employment with the firm he interned with over the summer in August which he accepted. They have let him work during the fall as well and were flexible with his school schedhule which we really appreciated. In addition to the Paris school trip he also went on some business trips to such exciting locations as...Wisconsin, Charlotte, Buffalo and Indiana?? (I lose track). He finished the CPA review program he has been taking for the past six months every Saturday for 8 hours last weekend. This has been very effective in preparing for the CPA exam but has been a huge time sacrifice for our family. There weren't any family vacations this summer as a result but I am sure the pay off will be worth it. He has taken the first two parts of the exam already and has two more schedhuled to go. We will get the results most likley at the end of December, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

My routine has pretty much been the same old...except for that the past couple of months I have been working five mornings a week instead of two at the preschool as I have been filling in for a lady who was out for knee surgery. This has really been exhausting for me, but was a good opportunity to make some extra tuition money! (Asher was also very cooperative about going to school five mornings a week while I was subbing) Being Young Women's President has also proven to be challenging in ways I never imagined...but in a good way, there have been many growth opportunities and I never cease to be amazed that the program still functions even though it's me who's responsible. Getting to know all the girls and thier families has also been a great privelidge for me. Anyhow we are busy but well!! Take Care!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kari Lynne said...

Amanda,

Thanks for posting an update. It's fun to see some of the pics of Bevan's trips and get to hear what the rest of you are doing. I can't imagine Asher talking since we haven't seen him since he was only 5 months old. I think he and Savannah would have a great time together. I wish we could see you guys more often to get to know you better. I'm glad that things are going well for your family. Take care!

Kari

Thu Nov 15, 04:07:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger mimi said...

Whew!That is quite an update, Amanda. I know that you guys are very busy, and pray that you will be able to relax some over the holidays after Bevan's graduation. Wow I can't believe he will be really done. Kudos to Liam for working so hard at learning in preschool, and for Asher's development too. Have him call sometime so we can talk! Liam too, if he is ready.

Thu Nov 15, 08:42:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home