GSOBuchanan's

"Canadian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God."

5.17.2007

Teacher Appreciation Week




Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week at the preschool and we were all VERY spoiled. Each morning all of the parents put on huge, homemade breakfast buffets in the staff lounge. We had all kinds of amazing breakfast casseroles, fruit and cheeses, breads and baked goods and treats it was obscene. Then on Wednesday after class they put on a formal luncheon upstairs in the church parlour, which was yummy as well as elegant. I think all of us who work at the school must have gained at least five pounds last week. As if all that weren't enough each teacher had a basket placed outside of her classroom for the families to put little presents in all week, and at the end of the week had a personalized gift basket to take home. All kinds of neat lotions and stationary, treats etc. It was very sweet,everyone was so thoughtful and one of my sweet little girls even brought me some beautiful flowers. I felt so overwhelmed by the end of the week, basicly I just feel fortunate to be able to have a job like this that doesn't interfere with my family life and allows me to provide my children with quality early childhood education when it would otherwise be finanically prohibitive. All of this extra generosity was certainly unexpected but made me feel very appreciated indeed!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

How fun to receive all those thoughtful gifts!

Wed May 23, 11:36:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger everything pink! said...

those southern women know how to treat their preschool teachers for sure!

Thu May 24, 06:39:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Elisa said...

Great job perk for sure. I know I really appreciate a good teacher.

Fri May 25, 04:21:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home